Ramin S. Hastings, MDCardiovascular Disease, Interventional Cardiology, and Structural Heart Disease
Ramin S. Hastings, MD
- Bachelor of Science, Biomedical Engineering, Columbia School of Engineering
- Medical Doctorate, University of Virginia
- Intern in Medicine, New York University School of Medicine
- Medical Resident, Internal Medicine, NYU School of Medicine
- Research Fellow, Columbia University, Division of Psychiatry (New York State Psychiatric Institute).
- Fellow, Cardiovascular Diseases, NYU School of Medicine
- Fellow, Interventional Cardiology, Columbia University (New York Presbyterian Hospital)
- Fellow, Interventional Cardiology (Sub-specialty in Structural Heart Disease), Columbia University (New York Presbyterian Hospital)
Socities, Fellowships, Certifications
- Medical Society of Virginia, member
- American College of Cardiology, Member
- Society of Cardiac Angiography and Interventions, Member
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine – Interventional Cardiology
- Certification, Certification Board of Nuclear Cardiology
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine – Cardiovascular Diseases
- Diplomate, National Board of Echocardiography – Adult Echocardiography
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine – Internal Medicine
- Hastings RS, McElhinney DB, et al. Embolic Myocardial Infarction in a Patient with a Patent Fontan Circulation. World J Ped Cong Heart Surg, 2014 Oct;5(4):631-4.
- Hastings RS, Hochman JS, et al. Effect of Late Revascularization of a Totally Occluded Coronary Artery After Myocardial Infarction on Mortality Rates in Patients with Renal Impairment. Am J Cardiology Oct 20l2;1 10(7):954-60. PMID: 22728005
- Hastings RS, Powers, RD. Abdominal Pain in the Emergency Department: A 35 year Retrospective. Am J ErnergMed 2011;29(7):711-6. PMID: 20825873
- Oquendo MA, Hastings RS, et al. Brain serotonin transporter binding in depressed patients with bipolar disorder using positron emission tomography. Arch Gen Psychiatry 2007;64(2):201-8. PMID: 17283287
- Parsey RV, Hastings RS, et al. Effect of a triallelic functional polymorphism of the serotonin- transporter-linked promoter region on expression of seràtonin transporter in the human brain. Am J Psychiatry 2006;163(1):48-51. PMID: 16390888
- Parsey RV, Hastings RS, et al. Lower serotonin transporter binding potential in the human brain during major depressive episodes. Am J Psychiatry 2006;163(l):52-8. PMID: 16390889
- Hastings RS, Parsey RV, et al. Volumetric Analysis of the Prefrontal Cortex, Amygdala, and Hippocamups in Major Depression. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2004 Aug 5;29(5):952- 959. PMID: 14997169
Abstract / Poster Presentations
- Bettinger N, Hamid N, Kodali 5, Hahn R, White J, Hastings RS, et al. Dynamism of Aortic Annulus Measurements On Multi-Detector Computed Tomography: When Should Annular Dimensions Be Measured? Poster to be presented at ACC Scientific Sessions, April 2016, Chicago IL.
- Khalique 0, Hamid N, White J, Terre J, Hastings RS, et. Al. Aortic Annulus Measurement by 3D-TEE in Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement: Semi-automated vs. Direct Planimetry. Poster to be presented at ACC Scientific Sessions, April 2016, Chicago IL.
- Hastings RS, Lau G, et al. Standard Two-Dimensional Echocardiography Underestimates the Left Ventricular Outflow Tract When Compared to Full Volume 3D Imaging. Poster presented at ACC Scientific Sessions, March 2014, Washington DC.
- Hastings RS, Okoro C, Koon P, Iqbal SN, Katz SD, Saric M. Case of Severe Cryptogenic Intermittent Mitral Regurgitation Leading to Cardiogenic Shock. ACC Scientific Sessions, March 10, 2013, San Francisco, CA. NYU Research Day, May 7, 2013, New York, NY.
- Hastings RS, Donnino R. Sane M, Kim E, Lobach I, Guo Y, Benenstein R, Defining the Optimal Method of Measuring the Left Ventricular Outflow Tract: A Research Study. NYU Research Day, May 7, 2013, New York, NY.
- Vasher ST, Hastings RS, Mitral Regurgitation and Cardiac Sarcoidosis: A Case Report and Review of the Literature, NYU Research Day, May 7, 2013, New York, NY.
- Hastings RS, Reynolds HR, et al. Renal Insufficiency in Patients with a Total Occlusion of a Coronary Artery after Myocardial Infarction. Poster presented at NYUSOM Research Day. May 6, 2009. Poster presented at ACC Scientific Sessions, March 15, 2011, Atlanta, GA.
- Hastings RS, Parsey RV, et al. Volumetric Analysis of the Prefrontal Cortex, Amygdala, and Hippocamups in Major Depression. SURF Symposium (Columbia University, NY, NY; Feb 2004), and Medical Student Research Symposium (UVA, Charlottesville, VA; October 2005).
Text Book Chapters / Reviews
- Hastings RS, Kirtane AK. Emergency Resusdcitation. In: Yeung, King, Samady, Fearon, editors. Interventional Cardiology (2 edition). In Press
- Hastings RS, George I. Sapien 3 Device in Current US TAVR Practice. Cardiac Interventions Today. In Press